Saturday, June 16, 2012

Love at first sight

I knew the moment I saw her that she was my daughter. She filled the space in my heart that had been empty for so long. She was beautiful, tiny, sweet and so scared. I cried tears of joy for what I was gaining that day, a daughter, motherhood a family. She cried tears of pain, fear and loss. Adoption is filled with a mix of joy and sorrow and that is no more apparent then on Family Day. I thank God every day for my daughter, for her birth mother and for her foster mother. It is because of the three of us that Sophia is this amazing child. She is smart, funny, fearless, adventurous, beautiful, sweet and loving. Her beginning gave her the ability to love others and to accept love from her family. Something I will forever be grateful for. 

Sophia, your daddy and I love you more then we can ever express in words. You have brought us so much joy and so much happiness and so much love.

June 16th 2008
(Father's Day)
Happy Family Day sweet girl...

No comments:

Post a Comment