Sunday, August 12, 2012

MAKING FRIENDS

I can't imagine leaveing everything I know,everything that is familer,everyone I love and moving half way around the world for a year to live with strangers who don't eat what I eat, talk the way I talk or who act differently then what I am used to.
That is just what Sophie has done. Here we are at one week with a teenager in our house and we survived,and so did she.
I find myself noticing her setteling in more and more each day getting more comfortable with us and her surroundings.Getting a cell phone with an international package and getting the proper adapter so she can use her computer has helped.
We are begining to find a rhythm but it still needs some fine tuning for sure.
Today we took a BIG step forward in Sophie feeling more like an american teenager by introducing her to some local High School kids that we know.
She had a great time hanging out talking getting to know them. Before the night was over they had all exchanged phone numbers. Plans for a movie night are in the works and Sophie is beaming from ear to ear.

We are very blessed to have good friend with good kids who will be attending the High School that Sophie will be attending. They have all agreed to look out for her and to help her make friends.







No comments:

Post a Comment